I bet you have dreamed of throwing a lavish party, full to the brim with colour, textures, delicious food and scrumptious wine. The sort of party where your guests whisper to each other about how ‘wonderful the space looks‘ and ‘this is by far the best party of the year‘ For most people this lavish party is a once in a lifetime occasion and will end up being their wedding. I have already had my wedding and i dream of marrying my husband over and over again so that i can have a different themed event each time. So why not just throw that party you dream of? Invite all you friend around and have a party… just because.
A great theme for party of lavish proportions is a Moroccan themed event. The colours, textures and patterns are bright and invite your guests to feel overwhelmingly happy. Theming an event that evokes feeling within your guests of being transported to another country is a sure fire way to get them talking for months about the party you threw.. just because.
So how do you theme a Moroccan style event? Below you will find a list of items, with a mood board to accompany, that you can find at Divine Events to create you little slice of paradise for your next event.
HOW TO STYLE A MOROCCAN STYLE EVENT
– White Chiffon Draping
– Moroccan tea light candles
– Lanterns of various shapes and sizes
– Persian Rugs, layered over the ground
– Moroccan Furniture, hand-painted for a truly authentic look
– Gold Candlestick with flickering pillar candles – LED or Real
– Lush bouquets of bright coloured flowers – Yes, we do flowers as well!
Try the Afghan Cuisine Catering, their catering is bursting with flavour and has an exotic, rustic look to it. Click HERE for their website and contact details.
I found the perfect Moroccan cocktail on blog, Design Sponge. Click HERE to see the full post.
For the coriander simple syrup (makes plenty to jar and save):
1 cup water
1 cup honey
3 teaspoons coriander seeds
For the drink:
60 ml orange liqueur
60 ml dry vermouth
30 ml coriander simple syrup
5–6 dashes of bitters
1. Heat the water, honey and coriander seeds over medium heat until it begins to boil. Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour or longer; the longer it sits, the stronger the flavour. Drain the liquid from seeds and set aside.
2. To mix the drink, combine all ingredients (including the simple syrup, but not the seeds) over ice in a cocktail shaker. Shake and pour over ice and garnish with orange slices.
So there you have it.. Organising a Moroccan themed event in Sydney made easy!
We styled a pop-up bar inside Zeta Bar in Sydney in a Moroccan theme, take a look at the snaps below for an example of what we can do for you!
We love styling events in a Moroccan theme, its just as much fun for us as it is for you. So for your next or that party you will throw.. just because, contact Divine Events.View all articles