1. Blush – soft and subtle we love all of the blush tones coming into fashion for bridal couture. From Vera Wang to Alex Perry designers have brought pink tones onto the runway since 2010 but often only in custom or couture designs. Five years later this lovely colour has made its way onto the rack in ready to wear designs and seems more popular than ever. The rosy tone is great for brides looking for a slightly unique dress without pushing the envelope with a red or bright patterned dress.
2. Emerald Green – one of our favourite colours, this jewel tone is an elegant colour for a bridal gown. This colour is perfect for a winter wedding for a bride or bridesmaids and is regal and elegant. This colour seems to be most popular as a second wedding dress worn after the traditional white ceremony dress, what a fabulous idea! If you are going to have two dresses you might as well make the second one something a bit out of the ordinary.
3. Floral – I suppose it’s not so much a colour as an untraditional print, but these beautiful bloom covered dresses are so romantic and elegant, perfect for a wedding! Floral wedding dresses made a big splash on the runway this year with designers such as Carolina Herrera, Naeem Khan and Austin Scarlett all featuring floral printed designs. We love the subtle blue and white print of this Wendy Makin dress, as well as the bold pop of the flowers on the Naeem Khan tulle dress.
4. Blue – icy blue shades also splashed across the wedding runways this year in bridal couture. Perfect for those who favour cooler tones over a warm blush, these blue dresses are marvellously chic and sophisticated. With subtle nude undertones the ice blue lace and floral detailing on these dresses really stands out and adds drama and movement to the designs. If blue is a bit too out there for the bride, they would make a beautiful and unique colour for bridesmaids. Over the years we have seen a lot of cobalt blue and dramatic purple shades for bridal parties, but pastel blues are often forgotten!
5. Chartreuse – The final and boldest colour on the list, but how amazing would this Jason Wu chartreuse dress be for a colourful a summer wedding? Electrically bright and paired with a hot pink shoe this look would not be everyone’s cup of tea, but we love the drama and volume of the design.